Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I Love You More Than a Lawn Mower

Today is Valentine's Day. I have to tell you, in the Bray house, we do not celebrate Valentine's Day. I have no problem with people who do, it's just not our thing. Now that I am no longer in the classroom, I honestly didn't give any thought to it being Valentine's Day today. At least not until Troy reminded me. He left home at the crack of dawn this morning, so there was very little conversation between the two of us. About an hour after he left, I got a text that said, "I love you more than a lawn mower!" It was the funniest thing to me, because Troy manages a John Deere store, and we talk about lawn mowers a lot! Also, when we were first married, we had a big 'ol fight about a lawn mower, and I held a grudge (which was SO wrong) for a REALLY long time!! He affectionately calls me a lawn mower killer (which probably doesn't need any explanation.) So the fact that he told he me loved me more than a lawn mower was very touching to me at 6:00 this morning. And I'm pretty sure when he retires from selling lawn mowers, he'll probably write greeting cards for Hallmark!! Here is my point. We have holidays to commemorate certain events. Valentine's Day is to show love. Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Easter is to celebrate our Savior's Resurrection. But what if we celebrated our Savior and His great love for us EVERY day? What if we celebrated love, and truly loved our neighbor EVERY day? I challenge you to make every day Valentine's Day. Tell those closest to you that you love them, but also show all those who cross your path the love of Christ. If we all shine God's light in this dark world, it really will make a difference. Let's show the world what it looks like to love them more than a lawn mower!

No comments:

Post a Comment